Remember, the number one way to fight aging is WEARING SUNSCREEN!! UVB rays are the burning rays that cause skin cancer and sunspots when the skin is exposed to them. But, the sun’s UVA rays are those that diminish collagen and elastin in the skin, causing wrinkles and sagging skin. Thus, sunscreen is the most important product in a skincare lineup!
- You don’t need to wear sunscreen on overcast/cloudy days. FALSE! The suns UVA/UVB rays can still penetrate through the cloud cover and cause sun damage!
- You’re protected from the sun while driving. FALSE! The suns rays can penetrate through windows. Over time, people notice more dark spots and wrinkles on the left side of their face for that reason!
- Makeup with SPF is enough coverage. FALSE! You aren’t applying enough makeup to get the full benefit of the SPF advertised. You should always apply an SPF 30 (or more) before your makeup.
- Working indoors protects you against sun damage. FALSE! If you have a window near your desk, you are being exposed to UVA + UVB rays. It is always important to wear sunscreen, even if you spend most of your day indoors!
- Sunscreen is oily/greasy and causes breakouts. FALSE! Sunscreen formulas have changed dramatically over the last few years. They are now made with exceptional ingredients that not only block the suns rays, but also provide many other skincare benefits. If you have oily/breakout prone skin, Elta UV Clear is for you! If you feel like you need a little extra hydration, Elta UV Elements is your best fit! If you’re a normal skin type, Elta UV Daily is just what you need! (Schedule a consultation appointment to learn more. Link to website with products or schedule.)
Let us help you find the best fit! Contact us with all your skincare questions.
Purchase all of your favorite products at saxonmdskincare.com