6 Steps For Layering Your Skin Products
Do you ever look at all the skincare products you have and get overwhelmed because you don’t know what to use or when to use it? Instead of throwing in the towel and using none of it, here’s a simple guide to help!
1) First and foremost, ALWAYS CLEANSE YOUR SKIN, and then pat dry with a towel. Leave your skin slightly damp because it will help the next products you apply absorb better into the skin. This will be the first step in your AM/PM routine.
2) Applying serums is next. Layer your serums, don’t mix them. It’s almost always best to apply each product individually than it is to mix them all together in your hands and rub them in.
3) Now, a good rule of thumb is to apply your products in order of consistency from thinnest to thickest. If you use multiple serums, start with your runnier, more liquid-y serums followed by your thicker or goopier serums.
4) The caveat to #2 is in the morning, the FIRST serum you should always apply (no matter what consistency) is your vitamin C.
5) After you apply your serums, moisturizer is next. Because is much thicker and creamier, it’ll keep a protective barrier on the skin, locking in your serums.
6) SPF is always last. ALWAYS. It should be the final skincare product in your morning routine. Makeup will go on after it has all soaked in!
There are always exceptions to these simple steps, so if you are still unsure, schedule an appointment with our aesthetician. It is always recommended to bring in the products you currently use so she can help you build a routine that is most effective!