Scars on the face can come in all shapes and sizes. Because of this there are a number of techniques to address scars. A comprehensive evaluation and plan can be tailored specifically to your needs. Some procedures commonly offered include:
- Scar excision and geometric broken line closure to make the scar thinner and break up any straight lines to the trick the eye from noticing the scar
- Local tissue rearrangement to reorient the scar
- Subscision to lift up a depressed scar
- Dermabrasion to smooth out uneven contours
- Microneedling to promote collagen growth around scars
For the most part, more than one of these techniques is needed to create the best result. A treatment plan will be made at the time of your consultation.