Neuromodulators are chemicals that are injected into the muscles of the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. At Saxon MD, we offer all of the neuromodulators available including Botox cosmetic, Dysport and Xeomin. Constant movement of the muscles in the face over years create fine lines which transition to deep wrinkles. Once the muscles are paralyzed the wrinkles caused by that movement can repair themselves over time. They are generally used in the upper third of the face including the forehead, glabella (area between the eyes) and on the outer edges of the eyes (crow’s feet). Of course, the earlier one starts using neuromodulators the less those wrinkles will form at all!
Each product is very similar and can be used interchangeably in different areas of the face.
Common uses of Botox, Dysport and Xeomin:
- Prevent wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes
- Relax wrinkles around the mouth
- Improve the appearance of a “gummy” smile
- Improve downturned edges of the mouth
- Treat excess sweating under the arms
- Narrow the contour of the jawline
- Improve headaches
- Treat bruxism (clenching the teeth)
- Improves blepharospasm (excessive eye blinking or twitching)
- Helps scars on the upper face heal with a more aesthetic appearance
How long do Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin last?
Botox typically lasts an average of 3 months. The longer you have treatments done the more the muscle atrophies or becomes thinner. This can extend time between treatments.
How much do Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin cost?
Just like we do for all injectables, at Saxon MD we price our injectables based on the best results instead of the amount given. Each treatment is tailored exactly to you and not a predetermined algorithm.
- Forehead – $200
- Glabella – $250
- Crow’s Feet – $225
- Masseter – $650